We all have plans to one day buy our first property or upsize our current home. Although it seems achievable, sometimes reality may jeopardize your goals. Travelling the world, losing a job, going back to school, becoming ill or having sudden death in the family – there are just a few of the unexpected life events that can send you and your financial goals reeling.Continue reading →
If you are first-time homebuyer struggling to cobble together a down payment for a home you can now get an interest-free loan from the B.C. government. A loan program – called the B.C. Home Owner Mortgage and Equity Partnership – would match the amount a first-time buyer has saved for a down payment — up to $37,500 or 5% of the home’s purchase price.Continue reading →
Preparing your home for sale can be overwhelming and frustrating. Not sure where to start? Making a list is always helpful. Doing so will help you get the tasks done, making your property inviting and fresh. If renovating is not something you want to do prior to selling then consider the following few easy and inexpensive steps. These are guaranteed to make a difference:
- Declutter and remove personal items such as family photos
- Organize your closet for it to look more spacious
- Clean all carpets
- Patch up walls and repaint if needed
- Wash and repair doors and windows
- Clean bathrooms and kitchen removing unnecessary items from countertops
- Replace burnt out light bulbs and broken switches
- Make sure your home is odour-free, scented candles work well
I will always advise you of these sale preparation tips prior to listing your home. Professional photography is always included when you list your home with me.
Message me if you are thinking of selling your home and I will make the selling process stress-free.
Although I am not much of a baker, nothing is better than some family holiday baking to get everyone in a festive mood. Recently, I came across this simple and delicious sugar cookie recipe. If you could like to impress your family and friends with your baking skills, you must give this recipe a try! Get your cookie cutters and piping bags ready!
Click the button below for recipe!Continue reading →
When selling you home always use a Real Estate Agent who provides professional photos as part of the listing package. It makes a huge difference as a better first impression results in more showings. A professional real estate photographer will focus on the best features of your home making it stand out above the competition.
I have partnered with a local photographer to provide each and every seller with professional photos for the sale of their home.
Are you thinking of selling? Let me tell you what else I do differently to achieve you the best selling results and top dollar.
There are numerous benefits to buying newly–built and pre–construction homes: 2-5-10 warranty, up to date Building Code, upgrade options, choice of colour scheme, use of latest materials and trends…
When choosing to purchase in a new development, make sure you do your homework and note the following:
1) Sales Reps at Presentation Centres work strictly for the Vendor. When purchasing a new home ALWAYS use the services of a real estate agent. By having a designated agency relationship with your Realtor you can be certain that your interest is your agent’s top priority.
2) Do not fall in love with the show home. Often Vendors put as much as $100,000 into the show home. There are always a lot of upgrades and “display only” items. It is always better to view an empty unit to get a clear idea what your unit will look like.
3) If you are buying pre-construction do not just rely on the floor plan. Ask to see complete architectural drawings for your home to avoid any misunderstanding or future disappointments.
4) Completion dates are an estimate. This means that you need to be prepared that it may take longer if the builder encounters any delays.
5) There is a mandatory deficiency walk–through inspection with the builder’s rep prior to the key-turnover. However, you may want to consider hiring a professional inspector if you are not very knowledgeable about construction.
Buying a brand new home is very exciting but in order to avoid any bumps along the road make sure that you hire a Real Estate Professional with experience in new developments.
After having worked for a local developer for a few years now, I have the knowledge and experience needed to get you the best results and insure you are well taken care of during your purchase.
Email me today for a wide variety of new developments in your area.
With two little ones, I’m not one to sleep in on weekends. Instead, my early weekend mornings always start with a couple cups of Cafe followed by making a Russian Crêpe breakfast for the family. I love being able to balance my work and family lives.
But last weekend was no ordinary weekend, I was very excited for the Grand Opening weekend of Queen’s Park Estate townhomes in Queensborough.Continue reading →
I am very excited not only to post my first blog entry today, but also to announce the much anticipated Grand Opening of Queen’s Park Estate Townhomes Development.
Queen’s Park Estate is a collection of 32 townhomes offering an exciting opportunity for affordable new home living featuring contemporary details, classic sensibility with a touch of luxury. Nested in New Westminster’s Queensborough district, Queen’s Park Estate is located in the centre of Metro Vancouver providing convenient driving and transit options to New Westminster, Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, Delta and Coquitlam. In addition, the complex is only a 10 minute walk to the trendy outlet-style shopping at Queensborough Landing.Continue reading →